TRAVEL ADVICE FOR BAHAMAS
Holiday preparation is vital to problem free vacation to Bahamas. By doing your groundwork prior to going for Bahamas, you june minimise the odds of some thing going wrong. Thousands of travellers very often regret for not doing these easy pre travel steps right before heading for Bahamas.
Look for the most updated medical services accessible and travel health information for Bahamas from the table underneath. You may, also, obtain a vast selection of tips to help you get ready for a safe and delightful trip to Bahamas and a safe stay whilst you are in there.
Travel Health Advice for Bahamas
Travel insurance tips for Bahamas
Travel advice for Bahamas
Travel Health Advice For Bahamas
You may also obtain further travel health advice from travel vaccination for Bahamas
The travel advice information on this travel immunisation website does not replace your doctor's advice. Information about travel disease risk in Bahamas and travel vaccination immunisation for bahamas are drawn from the centres for Disease Control websites around the world and refers to known health risks in Bahamas.
The travel health information for Bahamas provided does not include any information relating to disease outbreaks, which may occur regularly and with little warning.
Talk to your doctor before you travel to Bahamas for the most up to date travel health and travel immunisation information.
Tips for Bahamas Travel Insurance
- Ensure that you understand exactly what your travel insurance covers as they are not unlimited. It may not cover you for cancellation or change to travel plans.
- Clarify any policy issues directly with the insurer.
- Ensure that medical cover is adequate for possible expenses in Bahamas. Ensure you declare any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
- Generally, cover for luggage and personal belongings is limited and expensive items such as cameras, laptops and/or jewellery may have a may have a per-item limit.
- Exclusions: Standard exclusions exist on all travel insurance policies such as acts of civil unrest, self inflicted injury, loss/theft of unattended baggage and pre-existing medical conditions. Travel insurance policies may be invalidated where injuries are sustained under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Travel Tips For Travel To Bahamas
- Check the latest travel advice for Bahamas from any of the following sources: UK travel advice for Bahamas, US State Department travel warnings for Bahamas or Canadian government travel advice for Bahamas.
- Take out an appropriate travel insurance for Bahamas to cover hospital treatment, medical evacuation and any activities, including adventure sports, in which you plan to Bahamas.
- Before travelling to Bahamas register your travel and contact details online or at your local embassy or consulate once you arrive in Bahamas, so they can contact you in an emergency.
- Obey the Bahamian law. Consular assistance cannot override local Bahamian laws, even where local laws appear harsh or unjust by your country’s standards.
- Check to see if you require visas for Bahamas or countries you are visiting or transiting. Be aware that a Bahamian visa does not guarantee entry into Bahamas.
- Make copies of your passport details, travel insurance policy, travellers cheques, visas and credit card numbers. Carry one copy in a different spot to the originals and then leave a copy with somebody at home.
- Determine with health care professionals for info on recommended vaccinations or any other safeguards for Bahamas and learn about Bahamas laws and regulations on travelling with medications.
- Leave behind a copy of your holiday plans with somebody at home and stay in regular communication with relatives and friends while in Bahamas.
Dual Nationality Holders
Before departing your home country check whether you are regarded as a national of the Bahamas.
Research whether holding dual nationality has any implications for your travel.
Passport Validity For Bahamas
Ensure your passport has at least six months validity from your planned date of return to your home country. Bahamas will refuse entry on arrival and some airlines will not allow passengers to board flights if their passport does not meet this requirement.
Before travelling, you should contact the Bahamian embassy or consulates
of each country you intend to visit to confirm the entry requirements.
Bahamian Embassies Worldwide
2001 - 2012